Ask a Parent!
Thank you for your interest in utilizing Ask a Parent! as a way to better get to know UC San Diego. Our Ambassadors are "experts" of their own experience and that of their student. This one-on-one connection may add to your understanding of UC San Diego for you and your student. Please regard this connection as a resource and not as the final answer to your questions.
How to ask a parent
- Check out the ambassador list to see if there is a specific family ambassador you would like to speak to. This may be based on geography, student's major/college or the ambassador's unique ability.
- Fill out the form below to tell us more about what you need. Your question(s) may vary and may include:
- What is it like to support your sudent from out of your home state?
- How often do you visit your student? How do you stay in touch with your student?
- What advice do you have for a first-time parent of a college student?
- How has your student accessed their internship?
- My student grew up with having their own room, how has your student adjusted to sharing a space with others?
- My student said that UCSD is different from home. How has your student adjusted to the campus culture?
- Once we receive your request, we will contact the Ambassador to confirm their availability.
- You will receive an email from email@example.com to share your ambassador contact. From there, you and the ambassador will communicate about your questions.
Please allow up to 48 hours to return your request.
If you have questions, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.