Family Weekend 2016 FAQs
Do you have questions about Family Weekend? We have answers! Don't see it, give us a call.
Exams have historically been administered during Family Weekend. Please consult with your student on whether or not to attend Family Weekend given this conflict and how the weekend can still be enjoyable for the entire family should you decide to register. Review the schedule of events for more details.
"Family" is defined by you and includes parents, guardians, foster families, siblings, cousins, spouse, partner, mentors, friends, etc. Feel free to invite anyone you consider to be a part of your family.
Registration for Family Weekend will open early August 2016 and will close Monday, Ocotber 3 has been extended to Wednesday, October 12.
- Non-UC San Diego Student (any family member/guest): $55 (includes adults and children ages 8 and older)
- Current UCSD Student: $25
- Non-UC San Diego Student Ages 7 & Under: FREE
Registration fee includes:
- All activities on Friday-Sunday, October 21-23, 2016 (see full schedule)
- Some events include:
- Comedy Night on Friday
- Special College (Re)Connection Events
- Triton Educational Sessions
- Zumba Class
- Climbing Center and Challenge Course
- UCSD Night at Balboa Park- The Reuben H. Fleet Science Center will remain open exclusively for our Triton Families! Relish in this educational space, great for all ages. And, enjoy the traveling exhibit, “The Art of the Brick,” featuring classic and new works of art brought to life through Lego. Beverages and desserts will be served. Transportation will be provided for those who register for space.
- Some events include:
- Registration also includes free admission to any on-campus Recreation facility (RIMAC, Main Gym, Canyon View Pool, etc.), Friday through Sunday. Also, a FREE stand-up paddleboard or kayak rental at the Mission Bay Aquatic Center.
We have fee waivers available on a first come, first served basis for families in special financial need. At this time, we are no longer able to offer any more fee waivers. Contact our staff via email, firstname.lastname@example.org or phone, (858) 534-7273 if you have further questions.
Unfortunately, we are unable to process refunds for any reason. Please be certain that you can attend Family Weekend prior to registering. Some students have midterms during this weekend. Please consult with your student about their schedule to confirm if they will be able to join you on Family Weekend. Please also consider reviewing the schedule of events before registering.
You must visit our online registration system to view, update or change your existing registration.
We recommend creating a password when you register so it is easier to make changes. When you return to the website, click on "Register." Then, on the right hand side, click on "View or Change Your Existing Registration." Log in with your email address and password (if applicable). If you forgot your password, click on "Forgot Your Password?" and the registration system will send you a temporary password to access your information.
Yes! If you’re traveling by plane, please make accommodations for a car rental. It may be best to rent a car close to or at the San Diego airport for easy access to the rental location and to have transportation to UC San Diego. Some families have found success with ridesharing and taxi services.
If you don't remember what you registred for, go to your email inbox and click "Review your registration record or make make changes."
If you can't find your confirmation email, email us at email@example.com or call us at (858) 534-7273 to email you your confirmation.
Please sign-up through our volunteer portal, which is now live. Volunteers are asked to commit for a two hour shift and will receive a t-shirt. Confirmed volunteers will receive a Family Weekend Volunteer Confirmation Packet. Thank you for your help this weekend!
Family Weekend provides a dessert at the Sweet Start Welcome Reception on Friday; continental breakfast and lunch on Saturday; and brunch on Sunday. If you'd like to explore other options, San Diego and La Jolla offer a variety of places to eat and opportunities for water front view. See what the city has to offer and make dining reservations! Eating in San Diego | Eating in La Jolla
For more information contact the Parents' Helpline at (858) 534-7273, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.